Fire Supression System Saves The Original Springs
By Debby Stricker
A fire suppression system in the kitchen of the Original Springs Hotel did what it was designed to do.
It saved the 127 year old wood structure from a fire that started in the kitchen.
The fire occurred Friday night after the restaurant was closed. The pilot light on the gas grill ignited grease, causing flames.
Surveillance cameras in the kitchen show flames at 10:31 p.m., and the activation of the suppression system at 10:37 p.m.
Read this week’s issue for more on this story