Following the recommendations recently put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Washington County Health Department will now offer booster shots for those eligible for a third dose of vaccine.
Residents eligible for third shots include those severely immunocompromised with any of the following conditions:
* Active treatment for blood cancers
* Solid-organ transplant recipients
* Stem cell transplant in the last two years
* Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g. DiGeorge Syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome)
* Advanced or untreated HIV
* Active treatment with high-dose steroids (>20mg of prednisone or equivalent)
According to vaccination guidelines, the third dose must be of the same brand as the first two doses.