WCHD Offering Third Dose Vaccines for Those Eligible
Following the recommendations recently put forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the Washington County Health Department will now offer booster shots for those eligible for a third dose of vaccine.
Residents eligible for third shots include those severely immunocompromised with any of the following conditions:
* Active treatment for blood cancers
* Solid-organ transplant recipients
* Stem cell transplant in the last two years
* Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g. DiGeorge Syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome)
* Advanced or untreated HIV
* Active treatment with high-dose steroids (>20mg of prednisone or equivalent)
According to vaccination guidelines, the third dose must be of the same brand as the first two doses.