Hoyleton Hofbraufest Cancelled Due to Pandemic

By Travis Volz

For the first time in more than half a century, the Hoyleton Hofbraufest will not be held this summer.

Organizers announced last week the 52nd Annual Hofbraufest, originally scheduled for the weekend of July 10-12, will not be held due to the coronavirus pandemic.

“We didn’t really have a choice, since the governor said that no fairs or festivals could be held until everything opens up,” said Dustin Unverfehrt, president of the Hoyleton Community Club.

Per Governor JB Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan, no gatherings of more than 50 people will be allowed until a vaccine or highly effective treatment widely is available, or no new cases of COVID-19 are identified over a sustained period.

Read the full article in this week’s paper.

Leave a Comment